I got this from the Buffalo Beast’s “Koch Whore: Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker answers his master’s call” The following is written by “Murphy”:
“He’s just hard-lined—will not talk, will not communicate, will not return phone calls.”
-Wisconsin state Sen. Tim Carpenter (D) on Gov. Walker (source)
Murphy called yesterday morning posing as one of the Koch Brothers and captured 20 minutes of Scott Walker mostly repeating what you’ve heard before.
What I’ve just absorbed while listening to this:
1) Walker sees the statewide protesters of his draconian “repair” bill as “just” public union people, their families , Madison liberals, and out-of-staters.
2) You learn how unmoved he is by 73,000 Wisconsinites who came here from across Wisconsin to fight his bill on Saturday.
3) You know he’s arrogant enough and insulated enough from reality to just accept a call from a supposed “David Koch”. He’s very smug. Maybe a little too comfortable.
4) He is still a preacher’s son. No swearing. No denigrating terms. You may have wanted to catch some trash talking dirt. You may have thought that just by trash talking him you’re hurting him-getting under his skin. When I hear that he doesn’t stoop to swearing and slurs, I now know that he’s just as strong as I am in that department.
I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: Trash talking so you can demonize the “other” doesn’t work.
Having a vision does. What’s your vision? State it. Go there.
5) You know this is going to have to ratchet up as high as it can if Wisconsin people are going to win. When the rally is getting national coverage, many times it’s because he’s getting coverage. We need help on getting national coverage that the Wisconsin rallies are about
- maintaining a middle class in Wisconsin and in the United States
- on preserving education funding for our kids,
- on preserving rights for workers for generations to come
6) We’ve already had an enormous show of in-state protesters. That needs to double and be documented aggressively in media.
7) Governor Walker is still not a Czar. He needs the support of his Republican legislators. The pressure on them needs to amplify tremendously. They need to know they are going to lose their jobs.
The first 10 minutes of Murphy’s tape is below. Find the remaining 10 minutes and his own response at Buffalo Beast